Lamb's Grill Cafe
Greek immigrant, George P. Lamb, opened "Lamb's Grill Cafe" on George Washington's birthday, February 22, 1919. In 1931 George H. Dern, Governor of the State of Utah, gave Mr. Lamb a picture of President Washington, which hangs today in the main dining room. Lamb's thrived in its Logan Utah location until 1939 when Mr. Lamb moved his restaurant to the business district in downtown Salt Lake City.
The restaurant has remained essentially unchanged since 1939. The booths, tables, wainscot, backbar, counter, counter stools, light fixtures, and stem table – all still in use today – came from a restaurant previously located on Main Street known as Gunn's Cafe. One notable exception, the chairs in the main dining room were imported from Vienna by Mr. Lamb in the 1920's. The antiques around the restaurant have been collected from around the world.
The home of Lamb's Grill, The Herald Building, is now on The National Register of Historic Places and was erected in 1905 to house the Herald Newspaper and other businesses.